Summer for most online marketers associate with smaller traffic, higher CPC and smaller ROI. Unless you sell summer attributes then you can celebrate and enjoy your happy hour. However most of the customers spend less time on devices, enjoy holidays and so on. For this reasons it is way more difficult to reach you target audience.
Here are a few my ideas how to make this period more successful:
- Run Summer Campaign. You can make a special “Summer Deal” and promote it. I found that many clothing, beauty and other brands are using this strategy.
For Example Ralph Lauren online store.
- Start Sales. Many people are waiting summer sales as very big event. Krissy Turner wrote in her article: “Many stores saving their biggest reductions for this period” I recommend to join them and start your sales just before summer starts. People waiting your discounts and can not wait to spend their money too.
- Stay visible. Participate in summer events, collaborate with bloggers and influencers.
- Use advertising trends. Nowadays more than 50% all traffic to websites is coming from mobile. The second trend is video content. More and more opportunities to use video ads and I strongly recommend to use them because it works and people engage really well.
- Do not forget you current customers. Use the customers base you already have, send newsletters, retarget them on social media, search engines that will help you to get cheaper conversions.
- Engage with people during fun summer events. The list of fun summer events you can find here.
I hope these tips will be useful for you and summer time won’t be the hardest time in the year.
I would be more than happy to hear your opinion. Write in a comment bellow what works for you.